Jump to Main Content
- Mengüllüoğlu, Deniz; Ambarlı, Hüseyin
- European journal of wildlife research 2019 v.65 no.4 pp. 54
- Caracal caracal, etc ; Alectoris chukar; Apodemus; Capra hircus aegarus; Lepus europaeus; Sus scrofa; cameras; diet; forests; goats; habitat preferences; habitats; hares; hunters; mice; predation; predator-prey relationships; prey species; surveys; wild boars; wildlife; Turkey (country); Show all 22 Subjects
- ... In this study, we assessed habitat preferences and temporal activity patterns of caracal (Caracal caracal) and several possible prey species in Köyceğiz Wildlife Development Reserve, south-western Turkey. We investigated whether wild goat (Capra aegagrus) is indeed the main prey of caracal and if there is evidence for excessive caracal predation on this ungulate as previously stated by researchers ...
- Ramesh, Tharmalingam; Kalle, Riddhika; Downs, Colleen T.
- European journal of wildlife research 2017 v.63 no.1 pp. 11
- Caracal caracal, etc ; altitude; carnivores; exposure duration; females; forests; habitats; home range; humans; irrigated farming; landscapes; livestock; males; pests; planning; plantations; prey species; rodents; wildlife; South Africa; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... Agricultural expansion has replaced many natural habitats and the landscape structure with potential benefits to certain wildlife species. Some of mesocarnivores widely use man-made habitats in agri-ecosystems that are devoid of large carnivores and often prey on livestock. We examined the space use and habitat relationships of radio-collared caracals Caracal caracal between May 2013 and December ...