Jump to Main Content
- Aicher, Simon; Ahmad, Zakiah; Hirsch, Maren
- European journal of wood and wood products 2018 v.76 no.4 pp. 1205-1222
- Castanea; Fagus; Tectona grandis; adhesives; glulam; hardwood; shear strength
- ... The study reports on block shear investigations with bondlines of face-glued laminations and matched solid wood specimens from hardwood glulam (GLT) beams produced industrially from eight technically and stand volume-wise important species. The European hardwoods comprised oak, beech, sweet chestnut and ash and the tropical species were teak, keruing, melangangai and light red meranti. The adhesiv ...
- Birbilis, Dimitris; Kakavas, Konstantinos; Chavenetidou, Marina
- European journal of wood and wood products 2018 v.76 no.4 pp. 1353-1358
- Castanea; adults; burl wood; coppicing; earlywood; felling; forests; juvenile wood; latewood; microscopy; orchards; pith; regression analysis; statistical models; trees; wood; xylem vessels
- ... This work includes observations on chestnut logs at woodcutting areas, measurements of some growth characteristics and observations under microscope of chestnut wood cross sections with ring shakes. Some types of ring shakes were developed in logs with abnormalities, such as forking, double-pith, burls, pith eccentricity and elongated cross sections. The ring shake defect mainly occurred on logs f ...