Jump to Main Content
- Schajer, Gary S.; Orhan, F. Bahar
- European journal of wood and wood products 2006 v.64 no.6 pp. 483-490
- Pseudotsuga menziesii; grain and figure; manufacturing; physical properties; raw materials; water content; wood; wood physical properties
- ... In many wood products manufacturing processes, it is important to ensure that the physical properties of the raw material lie within acceptable ranges and are measured reliably. It is also important for practical use that the measurement process is robust, low-maintenance, fast and preferably non-contacting. This paper describes the development and demonstration of a microwave system for simultane ...
- Xing, Cheng; Deng, James; Zhang, S. Y.; Riedl, Bernard; Cloutier, Alain
- European journal of wood and wood products 2006 v.64 no.6 pp. 507-512
- Picea mariana; absorption; experimental design; forest resources; manufacturing; modulus of elasticity; modulus of rupture; raw materials; refining; steam; wood; wood chips; wood fibers; Quebec
- ... Wood composite industry has focused on traditional wood fibre resources such as logs, wood chips and sawmill-residues for panel manufacturing. It is becoming necessary now for the wood composite panel industry to look for ways to utilize non-traditional forest resources such as forest residuals for panel manufacturing. A full factorial experimental design with two factors: retention time of prehea ...