Jump to Main Content
- Aydin, Ismail; Demirkir, Cenk; Colak, Semra; Colakoglu, Gursel
- European journal of wood and wood products 2017 v.75 no.1 pp. 63-69
- Castanea; Picea; Platanus orientalis; additives; adhesives; bark; bending strength; equilibrium moisture content; forest industries; formaldehyde; manufacturing; modulus of elasticity; plywood; polyphenols; raw materials; shear strength; trees; urea formaldehyde; walnuts; wheat flour; wood
- ... Increasing demand for wood based panel products and shortage of wood as raw material have triggered many efforts to utilize residues generated annually by the forest industries including a large portion of bark in panel production. In this study, the effects of using bark flours as additives obtained from different wood species (walnut, chestnut, fir and spruce), having much polyphenol content, on ...
- Birbilis, Dimitris; Kakavas, Konstantinos; Chavenetidou, Marina
- European journal of wood and wood products 2018 v.76 no.4 pp. 1353-1358
- Castanea; adults; burl wood; coppicing; earlywood; felling; forests; juvenile wood; latewood; microscopy; orchards; pith; regression analysis; statistical models; trees; wood; xylem vessels
- ... This work includes observations on chestnut logs at woodcutting areas, measurements of some growth characteristics and observations under microscope of chestnut wood cross sections with ring shakes. Some types of ring shakes were developed in logs with abnormalities, such as forking, double-pith, burls, pith eccentricity and elongated cross sections. The ring shake defect mainly occurred on logs f ...