Jump to Main Content
- Preite, Veronica; Stöcklin, Jürg; Armbruster, Georg F. J.; Scheepens, J. F.
- Evolutionary ecology 2015 v.29 no.2 pp. 249-267
- Campanula rotundifolia; climatic factors; evolution; flowering; global warming; growing season; latitude; phenology; phenotypic plasticity; Alps region; Central European region; Netherlands; Scandinavia; Switzerland
- ... Plant populations need to adjust to climate warming through phenotypic plasticity or evolution of trait means. We performed a common-garden experiment with European populations of Campanula rotundifolia to investigate current adaptation in fitness-related traits and the potential for future adaptation. The common garden was situated in Switzerland and contained plants from 18 populations from four ...
- Lehmann, Philipp; Lyytinen, Anne; Piiroinen, Saija; Lindström, Leena
- Evolutionary ecology 2015 v.29 no.2 pp. 269-282
- Leptinotarsa decemlineata; burrowing; diapause; latitude; life history; mortality; overwintering; pests; phenology; photoperiod; potatoes
- ... Many organisms use photoperiodic cues to assess seasonal progression and pace their phenology. As photoperiod correlates with latitude, range expansions in seasonal environments may require re-synchronization of phenology and life-history traits with novel season length. Adaptive resynchronization takes time, and hence might be one factor explaining why range expansion to higher latitudes often is ...