Jump to Main Content
- Schmidt-Jeffris, Rebecca A.; Beers, Elizabeth H.
- Experimental & applied acarology 2016 v.68 no.2 pp. 173-182
- Aculus schlechtendali, etc ; Metaseiulus occidentalis; Tetranychidae; Typhlodromus; Zetzellia mali; acarology; apples; biodiversity; biological control; orchards; pesticides; pests; phenology; population; predatory mites; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Commercial orchards have acarine communities that are reduced in biological diversity compared to their undisturbed counterparts. Examining the phenology of an unsprayed orchard allows for the examination of non-pesticide factors that drive changes in populations. This study examined the mite community in a largely unsprayed research orchard in 2013–2014. The phytoseiids Galendromus flumenis (Chan ...
- Duso, C.; Castagnoli, M.; Simoni, S.; Angeli, G.
- Experimental & applied acarology 2010 v.51 no.1-3 pp. 151-168
- Aculus schlechtendali, etc ; Aculops lycopersici; acaricides; apples; biological control; biological control agents; case studies; crops; economics; fungicides; grapes; host plants; mites; pest control; pests; quarantine; risk reduction; temperate fruits; varietal resistance; vegetables; Europe; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... The nature of the damage caused by eriophyoid mites and the assessment of yield losses still require detailed studies if appropriate control and risk mitigation strategies are to be planned. The economic importance of eriophyoid mites is increasing worldwide and a lot of species have reached a permanent pest status in certain crops, while others represent a quarantine threat for several countries. ...