Jump to Main Content
- Fernández, Alicia Silvina, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Experimental parasitology 2018 v.193 pp. 27-32
- chlamydospores; environmental factors; feces; forage; grazing systems; larvae; nematophagous fungi; parasites; pastures; pathogenicity; summer; winter
- ... Duddingtonia flagrans is a natural strain of Nematophagous-Fungi isolated around the world. It has demonstrated efficacy and ease of use in laboratory as well as in field conditions. The fungus contributes to the prophylactic control of the worms by reducing the number of L3 on pasture. The aims of this study were to test and analyze the predatory effect of D. flagrans under sunny and shaded condi ...
- Lo Presti, María Silvina, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Experimental parasitology 2018 v.189 pp. 19-27
- Trypanosoma cruzi; amastigotes; animal models; benznidazole; blood; drugs; histology; inflammation; mice; mortality; multivariate analysis; parasite load; parasitemia; principal component analysis; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; skeletal muscle; synergism; toxicity; trypomastigotes
- ... Combination therapies based on the available drugs have been proposed as promising therapeutic alternatives for many diseases. Clomipramine (CLO) has been found to modify the evolution of the experimental infection. The objective of this study was to evaluate the combined effect of benznidazole (BZ) and clomipramine (CLO) against different life-stages of Trypanosoma cruzi in vitro and their effica ...