Jump to Main Content
- Dean, D.A.
- Experimental parasitology 1983 v.55 no.1 pp. 1-104
- Schistosoma mansoni; Schistosoma japonicum; Schistosoma bovis; immunity; cross reaction; immunization
- ... Resistance of mice to reinfection with Schistosoma mansoni has been demonstrated by a reduction in the recovery of challenge worms from the lungs, liver, and mesenteric veins. These data, as well as histological examination of the skin and lungs, however, have failed to identify the major site(s) of challenge worm elimination. Reduction in counts at the adult worm stage are most likely to be free ...
- Chulay, J.D.; Haynes, J.D.; Diggs, C.L.
- Experimental parasitology 1983 v.55 no.1 pp. 138-146
- Plasmodium falciparum; in vitro culture; Protozoa; radionuclides
- ... To evaluate rapidly Plasmodium falciparum growth in Vitro, [3H]hypoxanthine was added to parasite microcultures and radioisotope incorporation was measured. When culture parameters were carefully controlled, [3H]hypoxanthine incorporation was proportional to the number of parasitized erythrocytes present. Factors affecting [3H]hypoxanthine incorporation included initial parasitemia, duration of cu ...