Jump to Main Content
- Reinbothe, Christiane, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- FEBS journal 2009 v.276 no.17 pp. 4666-4681
- Nematoda; apoptosis; fungi; insects; jasmonic acid; leaves; oxylipins; pathogens
- ... Plants are continuously challenged by a variety of abiotic and biotic cues. To deter feeding insects, nematodes and fungal and bacterial pathogens, plants have evolved a plethora of defence strategies. A central player in many of these defence responses is jasmonic acid. It is the aim of this minireview to summarize recent findings that highlight the role of jasmonic acid during programmed cell de ...
- Reinbothe, Christiane, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- FEBS journal 2008 v.275 no.10 pp. 2428-2441
- Arabidopsis thaliana; allene; biosynthesis; bound water; chloroplasts; green fluorescent protein; isozymes; jasmonic acid; metabolites; models; oxylipins; plant development; site-directed mutagenesis
- ... Jasmonates are derived from oxygenated fatty acids (oxylipins) via the octadecanoid pathway and are characterized by a pentacyclic ring structure. They have regulatory functions as signaling molecules in plant development and adaptation to environmental stress. Recently, we solved the structure of allene oxide cyclase 2 (AOC2) of Arabidopsis thaliana, which is, together with the other three AOCs, ...