Jump to Main Content
- Khalaj, Vahid; Eslami, Hamid; Azizi, Mohammad; Rovira-Graells, Nuria; Bromley, Mike
- FEMS microbiology letters 2007 v.270 no.2 pp. 250-254
- Aspergillus fumigatus; RNA interference; fungi; genes; humans; pathogens; phenotype; promoter regions; protoplasts; spores
- ... An episomal RNAi silencing construct containing the inducible cbhB promoter and a hairpin structure has been made to downregulate the alb1 gene in the human pathogen Aspergillus fumigatus. Transformation of fungal protoplasts resulted in a high number of transformants with an inducible silenced phenotype (white spores). Efficient downregulation of the alb1 gene using this system suggests that this ...
- Kim, Jong H.; Campbell, Bruce C.; Mahoney, Noreen; Chan, Kathleen L.; Molyneux, Russell J.; May, Gregory S.
- FEMS microbiology letters 2007 v.270 no.2 pp. 284
- pyrroles; antifungal agents; fungicides; synergism; benzoic acid; mitogen-activated protein kinase; signal transduction; glutathione; homeostasis; antioxidant activity; oxidative stress; Aspergillus fumigatus; animal pathogenic fungi; plant pathogenic fungi; Aspergillus flavus; Aspergillus parasiticus; Aspergillus niger; Aspergillus oryzae; Aspergillus nidulellus
- ... The activity of fludioxonil, a phenylpyrrole fungicide, is elevated by coapplication of the aspirin/salicylic acid metabolite, 2,5-dihydroxybenzoic acid (2,5-DHBA). Fludioxonil activity is potentiated through a mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) pathway that regulates osmotic/oxidative stress-responses. 2,5-DHBA disrupts cellular GSH (reduced glutathione)/GSSG (oxidized glutathione) homeostas ...