Jump to Main Content
- Ahmad, Shakeel; Abbas, Ghulam; Ahmed, Mukhtar; Fatima, Zartash; Anjum, Muhammad Akbar; Rasul, Ghulam; Khan, Muhammad Azam; Hoogenboom, Gerrit
- Field crops research 2019 v.230 pp. 46-61
- cropping systems; cultivars; flowering; global warming; heat sums; models; new variety; panicles; phenology; rice; sowing; temperature; wheat; Pakistan
- ... The phenological changes of a long-term observed rice-wheat system (RWS) were used to determine the relationships among management practices, climate change, and crop phenology to devise adaptation strategies for RWS for mitigating the potential impact of climate change. The study comprised of 10 sites of observed and simulated rice-wheat system phenological data for the historical period from 198 ...
- Clarke, S.J.; McLean, J.; George-Jaeggli, B.; McLean, G.; de Voil, P.; Eyre, J.X.; Rodriguez, D.
- Field crops research 2019 v.230 pp. 84-97
- arid lands; biomass production; farmers; flowering; genotype-environment interaction; hybrids; industry; irrigation rates; models; plant density; row spacing; sowing date; tillering; tillers; Queensland
- ... Reducing yield gaps in dryland cropping depends on our capacity to identify combinations of genetics (G) and management (M) (i.e. crop designs, G × M) that best suit site and seasonal conditions (the environment, E). We combined empirical and modelling approaches to characterise and explain the yield stability and yield potential of commercial sorghum hybrids when grown under a range of agronomic ...