Jump to Main Content
- Tang, Chao-Chen; Yang, Xiao-Lin; Xie, Guang-Hui
- Field crops research 2018 v.227 pp. 144-154
- forage production, etc ; Sorghum bicolor; aboveground biomass; acid detergent fiber; arable soils; bioenergy; biomass production; cellulose; cultivars; double cropping; energy; ethanol; feedstocks; field experimentation; hemicellulose; maturity groups; neutral detergent fiber; nutritive value; planting; starch; sugars; sweet sorghum; winter wheat; China; Show all 24 Subjects
- ... Sweet sorghum [Sorghum bicolor (L.) Moench] offers a sustainable and renewable bioenergy resource for feed and biomass production. Two separate field experiments were conducted on arable land at Shangzhuang Station and on saline-alkali land at Quzhou Station in the North China Plain. Three cultivars of sweet sorghum including early- (ZS1) (114 days), medium- (CT2) (138 days), and late-maturity (LN ...
- Tang, Chaochen; Yang, Xiaolin; Chen, Xu; Ameen, Asif; Xie, Guanghui
- Field crops research 2018 v.215 pp. 12-22
- forage production, etc ; Sorghum bicolor; bioethanol; biomass production; breeding; crude protein; dry matter digestibility; dry matter intake; energy; ethanol; feedstocks; fertilizer rates; field experimentation; lactation; leaves; nitrate nitrogen; nitrogen; nitrogen fertilizers; nutrients; nutritive value; soil; soil degradation; soil nutrient balance; soil quality; stems; sweet sorghum; China; Show all 27 Subjects
- ... An understanding of biomass yield and quality response to N supply is essential to breeding and cultivation of sorghum (Sorghum bicolor (L.) Moench) for the production of bioethanol or forage. A two – year field experiment was conducted in 2013 and 2014 on semiarid marginal land in Inner Mongolia (39°10′N, 109°53′E) to determine the effects of N fertilizer rate (0, 60, 120, and 240kgha−1) on bioma ...