Jump to Main Content
- Hoogmoed, Marianne; Neuhaus, Andreas; Noack, Sarah; Sadras, Victor O.
- Field crops research 2018 v.222 pp. 153-163
- variety trials, etc ; biomass; crops; flowering; grain yield; irrigation; nitrogen; rain; rainfed farming; soil; stem elongation; water supply; South Australia; Western Australia; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Availability of nitrogen and water are major constraints for crop yield, and their interactions are manyfold. Yield gap analysis in rainfed systems commonly uses water-limited yield potential (Yw) as a benchmark; benchmarking against nitrogen-limited yield potential (YN) is less common. The aim of this study was to benchmark wheat yield against YN in winter-rainfall regions of Australia. We establ ...
- Liben, F.M.; Wortmann, C.S.; Yang, H.; Lindquist, J.L.; Tadesse, T.; Wegary, D.
- Field crops research 2018 v.228 pp. 122-134
- variety trials, etc ; agricultural conservation practice; corn; crop models; crop residues; crop rotation; data collection; dry beans; field experimentation; grain yield; meteorological data; nitrogen fertilizers; phenology; rain; simulation models; soybeans; standard deviation; sustainable agricultural intensification; temperature; tillage; Ethiopia; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... Crop simulation models offer possibilities to evaluate and target agricultural information for sustainable intensification in countries like Ethiopia with inadequate resources for field research. The objectives of this research were to calibrate and evaluate the CERES-Maize, CROPGRO-Dry bean and CROPGRO-Soybean models for practices associated with conservation agriculture and fertilizer N, and to ...