Jump to Main Content
- Okamura, Masaki; Arai-Sanoh, Yumiko; Yoshida, Hiroe; Mukouyama, Takehiro; Adachi, Shunsuke; Yabe, Shiori; Nakagawa, Hiroshi; Tsutsumi, Koichi; Taniguchi, Yojiro; Kobayashi, Nobuya; Kondo, Motohiko
- Field crops research 2018 v.219 pp. 139-147
- high-yielding varieties, etc ; alpha-amylase; beta-amylase; carbon; filling period; glucose-1-phosphate adenylyltransferase; grain yield; panicles; rice; ripening; spikelets; starch; stems; sucrose; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Recently developed high-yielding rice varieties with extra-large sink capacity often have unstable grain filling. Therefore, understanding the factors that limit grain filling is essential for further improvement of rice grain yield. Because grain-filling is determined by the complex sink–source balance, grain-filling ability is very difficult to evaluate. In this study, we compared grain-filling- ...
- Huang, Min; Zou, Yingbin
- Field crops research 2018 v.224 pp. 22-27
- high-yielding varieties, etc ; agronomy; breeding; cropping systems; crops; developing countries; direct seeding; equipment; farmers; food security; grain yield; heterosis; hybrids; intensive cropping; mechanization; panicles; planting; population growth; rice; seedlings; vigor; China; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... Productivity of intensive rice cropping systems plays a pivotal role in national food security in China. By 2030, a 20% increase in rice yield will be required to meet the growing demand for food that will result from population growth. The success of China’s super hybrid rice was expected to provide an opportunity to cope with the increased demand for rice. However, in China the planting area of ...