Jump to Main Content
- Chen, Yanlong; Liu, Ting; Tian, Xiaohong; Wang, Xiaofeng; Li, Meng; Wang, Shaoxia; Wang, Zhaohui
- Field crops research 2015 v.172 pp. 53-58
- arid lands; drought; evaporation; evapotranspiration; field experimentation; food security; furrows; grain yield; growing season; plastic film; rain; soil water; soil water storage; sowing; straw mulches; summer; sustainable development; temperature; terraces; water management; water use efficiency; winter wheat; China
- ... The development of effective water management practices is critical for increasing winter wheat production and achieving food security and sustainable development of dryland agriculture in China. A 3-year field experiment was conducted from Sept 2007 to July 2010 at a tableland and a terrace in Loess Plateau to investigate the effects of plastic film combined with straw mulch on soil moisture, tem ...
- Qi, Wang; Xiang, Ren; Xingyang, Song; Guangrong, Hu; Enhe, Zhang; Heling, Wang; Vance, Maureen M.
- Field crops research 2015 v.172 pp. 106-118
- adverse effects; biodegradability; compacted soils; drought; field experimentation; furrows; grain yield; hay; mulches; mulching; oats; planting; plastic film; rain; runoff; semiarid zones; soil depth; soil erosion; soil water; soil water storage; temperature; topsoil; water harvesting; water use efficiency; China
- ... Drought, water loss and soil erosion are the main factors limiting agricultural production in semi-arid regions of China. A field study was conducted to determine (1) the runoff efficiencies of different ridge widths (30, 45 and 60cm) covered with different materials (common plastic film, biodegradable mulching film and manual compacted soil) and (2) the effects of different ridge–furrow ratios (3 ...