Jump to Main Content
- Trethowan, R., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Field crops research 2016 v.196 pp. 368-378
- Azospirillum brasilense; Triticum aestivum; biomass; chlorophyll; dry matter accumulation; field experimentation; furrows; genotype; grain yield; inoculum; most probable number technique; normalized difference vegetation index; restriction fragment length polymorphism; seeds; soil; wheat; New South Wales
- ... The response of wheat (Triticum aestivum) genotypes to inoculation with different growth promoting bacterial inoculants is unclear. Five wheat genotypes that showed a differential response to inoculation with three Azospirillum brasilense strains under controlled conditions were sown in field experiments with and without inoculation in two environments in 2010 and 2011 in north-western New South W ...
- Trethowan, R., et al. Show all 20 Authors
- Field crops research 2014 v.168 pp. 156-167
- breeding; canopy; climate change; cultivars; filling period; food security; gas exchange; genetic improvement; genetic variation; genotype; grain yield; heading; phenotype; rooting; spring wheat; temperature; Mexico; South Asia
- ... South Asia, which is already home to more than one-fifth of the world's population and rapidly growing, will require wheat yields to rise annually by 2.0–2.5% to meet demand and maintain food security. To address these challenges, a wheat phenotyping network was established in the region in 2009 to support national breeding programs by applying practical phenotyping techniques to increase selectio ...