Jump to Main Content
- Eskridge, Kent M., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Field crops research 2018 v.216 pp. 22-31
- canopy; corn; crops; developmental stages; growing season; harvesting; multiple cropping; prediction; probability; reflectance; scanners; seed treatment; seed yield; soybeans; vigor; wheat
- ... Canopy reflectance has been used in crops, such as corn and wheat, to assess crop status and direct in-season management practices, but less research has focused on using canopy reflectance in soybean research and production. In this study, soybean canopy reflectance measurements were measured at several growth stages throughout the 2015 and 2016 growing seasons using the RapidSCAN CS-45 Handheld ...
- Eskridge, Kent M., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Field crops research 2017 v.210 pp. 197-206
- Glycine max; absorption; air temperature; apical meristems; cultivars; filling period; greenhouses; growing season; leaf area; leaves; models; ontogeny; prediction; soil; sowing; soybeans
- ... Soybean (Glycine max) production is expanding into cooler and warmer environments. Temperature influence on nodal leaf appearance rate and, especially, nodal primordium formation rate – two critical parameters that determine potential leaf area, light absorption, and crop growth and yield – is poorly understood. This study was designed to determine the influence of temperature on primordium format ...