Jump to Main Content
- Kato, Hiroshi, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Field crops research 2011 v.123 no.1 pp. 19-27
- Oryza sativa; backcrossing; blast disease; chromosomes; disease resistance; genes; genetic background; genetic markers; introgression; isogenic lines; lowlands; rice; surveys; tropics; Philippines
- ... A set of near-isogenic lines for blast resistance genes was developed by using an Indica-type elite rice variety, IR49830-7-1-2-2, suitable for the rainfed lowland conditions in the tropics, as a genetic background. Initially, we revealed that IR49830-7-1-2-2 harbors five blast resistance genes –Pia, Pib, Pik-s, Pita, and Pi11(t) – by using a differential system involving 19 selected standard blas ...
- Kato, Hiroshi, et al. Show all 15 Authors
- Field crops research 2009 v.114 no.2 pp. 244-254
- Oryza sativa; rice; introgression; cultivars; agronomic traits; genetic variation; backcrossing; genotype; inflorescences; leaves; stems; heading; phenology; weight; genetic markers; microsatellite repeats; genetic polymorphism; phenotype; chromosomes
- ... A total of 334 introgression lines (INLs: BC₃-derived lines) derived from crosses between a recurrent parent of Indica rice cultivar IR64 and 10 donor parents, including new plant type (NPT) lines IR65600-87-2-2-3, IR65598-112-2, IR65564-2-2-3, IR69093-41-2-3-2, IR69125-25-3-1-1, Hoshiaoba, IR66215-44-2-3, IR68522-10-2-2, IR71195-AC1, and IR66750-6-2-1, have been developed. These INLs with IR64 ge ...