Jump to Main Content
- Luo, Kai; Di, Jun; Han, Panpan; Zhang, Shuhuan; Xia, Lihai; Tian, Guangming; Zhang, Wenbing; Dun, Dan; Xu, Qiaoqing; Wei, Qiwei
- Fish & shellfish immunology 2018 v.83 pp. 249-261
- Acipenser dabryanus; Aeromonas hydrophila; Lepisosteus oculatus; Toll-like receptors; bacterial infections; chemokines; coagulation; complement; defense mechanisms; gene expression regulation; gene ontology; immune system; kidneys; nucleotide sequences; shellfish; signal transduction; sturgeon; transcriptomics; unigenes; China
- ... Dabry's sturgeon (Acipenser dabryanus), as a living fossil, is considered a critically endangered aquatic animal in China. To date, the immune system of this species remains largely unknown, with limited available sequence information. In addition, increasing incidence of bacterial pathogenic diseases has been reported. Hence, the present study aimed to characterize comprehensively transcriptome p ...
- Zhang, Shuhuan; Xu, Qiaoqing; Du, Hao; Qi, Zhitao; Li, Youshen; Huang, Jun; Di, Jun; Wei, Qiwei
- Fish & shellfish immunology 2018 v.79 pp. 363-369
- Acipenser dabryanus; Acipenser sinensis; Aeromonas hydrophila; antimicrobial peptides; cysteine; disulfide bonds; evolution; exons; expressed sequence tags; gene expression; gene expression regulation; innate immunity; introns; liver; pathogens; sequence alignment; shellfish; sturgeon; transcription (genetics)
- ... Liver-expressed antimicrobial peptide 2 (leap-2) is an evolutionarily ancient molecule that acts as the key component in vertebrate innate immunity against invading pathogens. Leap-2 has been identified and characterised in several teleosts, but not yet in chondrosteans. Herein, the complete coding sequences of leap-2b and leap-2c were identified from expressed sequence tags (ESTs) isolated from D ...