Jump to Main Content
- Mauri, I.; Roher, N.; MacKenzie, S.; Romero, A.; Manchado, M.; Balasch, J.C.; Béjar, J.; Álvarez, M.C.; Tort, L.
- Fish & shellfish immunology 2011 v.30 no.6 pp. 1310-1322
- Dicentrarchus labrax; Sparus aurata; complement; complementary DNA; cysteine; genes; molecular cloning; nucleotide sequences; pathogens; polymerase chain reaction; proteins; tissue distribution
- ... We present the complete C3 cDNA sequence of Gilthead seabream (Sparus aurata) and European seabass (Dicentrarchus labrax) and its molecular characterization with a descriptive analysis of their structural elements. We obtained one sequence for Gilthead seabream (gsbC3) which encodes a predicted protein of 1656 amino acids, and two sequences for European seabass (esbC3_1 and esbC3_2) which encode t ...
- Ai, Hongxin; Shen, Yuefen; Min, Cui; Pang, Shuying; Zhang, Jiaxin; Zhang, Shuangquan; Zhao, Zhihui
- Fish & shellfish immunology 2011 v.30 no.6 pp. 1265-1274
- immunoglobulin M; secretion; polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis; Western blotting; fish; receptors; cross reaction; fluorescence; spleen; splenocytes; tumor necrosis factors; introns; cysteine; Escherichia coli; B-lymphocytes; sequence analysis; complementary DNA; humans; models; amino acid sequences; exons; birds; Takifugu obscurus; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; translation (genetics); bioactive properties; confocal laser scanning microscopy; proteinases; flow cytometry
- ... B-cell activating factor of the TNF family (BAFF) induces B-cell survival, proliferation, immunoglobulin secretion and plays a role in enhancing immune responses. In the present study, a BAFF homolog has been identified in mefugu Takifugu obscurus, and its biological activities have been characterized. The mefugu BAFF (fBAFF) cDNA is 789 bp in length and translates into a 262-aa protein. The fBAFF ...