Jump to Main Content
- Chang, Yun-Tsan; Kai, Yu-Hsuan; Chi, Shau-Chi; Song, Yen-Ling
- Fish & shellfish immunology 2011 v.30 no.6 pp. 1283-1293
- Epinephelus coioides; antibodies; antigens; antiserum; cell-mediated immunity; complementary DNA; cytoplasm; cytotoxic T-lymphocytes; cytotoxicity; digestive system; flow cytometry; fluorescence; gene expression; glycoproteins; grouper; kidneys; marine fish; molecular weight; natural killer cells; phylogeny; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; signal peptide; spleen; tyrosine; viruses
- ... CD8 is a membrane glycoprotein found primarily on the surface of T lymphocytes such as cytotoxic T lymphocytes (CTL), natural killer cells (NK) and γδ T lymphocytes. It helps T lymphocytes to kill the infected cells that presents microbial antigen on the cell surface. However, analysis of fish cellular immunity has been limited because of the lack of CD8 antibodies in grouper. In this present stud ...
- Ai, Hongxin; Shen, Yuefen; Min, Cui; Pang, Shuying; Zhang, Jiaxin; Zhang, Shuangquan; Zhao, Zhihui
- Fish & shellfish immunology 2011 v.30 no.6 pp. 1265-1274
- immunoglobulin M; secretion; polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis; Western blotting; fish; receptors; cross reaction; fluorescence; spleen; splenocytes; tumor necrosis factors; introns; cysteine; Escherichia coli; B-lymphocytes; sequence analysis; complementary DNA; humans; models; amino acid sequences; exons; birds; Takifugu obscurus; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; translation (genetics); bioactive properties; confocal laser scanning microscopy; proteinases; flow cytometry
- ... B-cell activating factor of the TNF family (BAFF) induces B-cell survival, proliferation, immunoglobulin secretion and plays a role in enhancing immune responses. In the present study, a BAFF homolog has been identified in mefugu Takifugu obscurus, and its biological activities have been characterized. The mefugu BAFF (fBAFF) cDNA is 789 bp in length and translates into a 262-aa protein. The fBAFF ...