Jump to Main Content
- Nakayasu, Chihaya, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Fish & shellfish immunology 2014 v.36 no.1 pp. 299-304
- CD4-positive T-lymphocytes; Carassius auratus; Edwardsiella tarda; cell-mediated immunity; cytotoxic T-lymphocytes; cytotoxicity; fish; gene expression; gene expression regulation; interferon-gamma; pathogens; protective effect
- ... Edwardsiella tarda is an intracellular pathogen that causes edwardsiellosis in fish. Our previous study suggests that cell-mediated immunity (CMI) plays an essential role in protection against E. tarda infection. In the present study, we adoptively transferred T-cell subsets sensitized with E. tarda to isogenic naïve ginbuna crucian carp to determination the T-cell subsets involved in protecting f ...
- Nakayasu, Chihaya, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Fish & shellfish immunology 2015 v.45 no.2 pp. 437-442
- Carassius auratus; Edwardsiella tarda; antibodies; cell-mediated immunity; cytotoxic T-lymphocytes; fish; gene expression; interleukin-10; live vaccines; pathogens; survival rate; vaccination; vaccine development
- ... Edwardsiella tarda is an intracellular pathogen that causes edwardsiellosis in fish. Although vaccine trials with formalin-killed cells (FKC) have been reported, the vaccinations failed in protect against E. tarda infection. On the other hand, a live attenuated vaccine strategy is effective against edwardsiellosis; however, the mechanism underlying its effectiveness in fish is unclear. In the pres ...