Jump to Main Content
- Scharsack, Jörn Peter; Gossens, Anabel; Franke, Frederik; Kurtz, Joachim
- Fish & shellfish immunology 2013 v.35 no.6 pp. 1779-1787
- excretory-secretory products, etc ; Gasterosteus aculeatus; Schistocephalus; cell culture; cell death; cell viability; correlation; culture media; flow cytometry; granulocytes; helminths; hosts; kidneys; luminescence; lymphocytes; Germany; Norway; Spain; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Helminth parasites have evolved remarkable strategies to manipulate the immune system of their hosts. During infections of three-spined stickleback (Gasterosteus aculeatus) with the cestode Schistocephalus solidus prominent immunological changes occur, presumably due to manipulative activity of the parasite. We hypothesise that excretory/secretory products of the parasite are involved in the manip ...
- Bahlool, Qusay Z.M.; Skovgaard, Alf; Kania, Per W.; Buchmann, Kurt
- Fish & shellfish immunology 2013 v.35 no.3 pp. 734-739
- excretory-secretory products, etc ; Anisakis simplex; Oncorhynchus mykiss; alpha-galactosidase; cysteine; enzyme activity; esterases; gene expression; gene expression regulation; genes; hosts; immune response; immunomodulation; larvae; liver; marine fish; parasites; spleen; valine; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... Excretory/secretory (ES) products are molecules produced by parasitic nematodes, including larval Anisakis simplex, a parasite occurring in numerous marine fish hosts. The effects of these substances on host physiology have not been fully described. The present work elucidates the influence of ES substances on the fish immune system by measuring immune gene expression in spleen and liver of rainbo ...