Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: stein?
- Jentoft, Svein, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Fish and fisheries 2010 v.11 no.3 pp. 250-263
- fisheries; governance; models; planning; poverty; social benefit; Lake Victoria; Tanzania
- ... Poverty is a pervasive issue in small-scale fisheries. Not only does it affect a substantial population, it is also a complex problem that is difficult to define, explain and solve. Thus, poverty in small-scale fisheries constitutes what in the planning literature is sometimes identified as a 'wicked problem'. This paper applies the interactive governance framework to identify the limits of, and c ...
- Jentoft, Svein, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Fish and fisheries 2011 v.12 no.4 pp. 427-450
- diet; environmental impact; fish; fisheries; global change; globalization; governance; humans; issues and policy; society; species diversity; Barents Sea; Ghana; Namibia
- ... Marine socialâecological systems consist of interactive ecological and human social elements so that changes in ecological systems affect fishingâdependent societies and vice versa. This study compares the responses of marine ecological and fishingâdependent systems to environmental change and the impacts of globalization, using four caseâstudies: NE Atlantic (Barents Sea), NW Atlantic (Ne ...