Jump to Main Content
- Lopes, F. P.; Pereira, B. F.; Alves, R. M. S.; Valim, J. R. T.; Figueiredo, F. A. T.; Pitol, D. L.; Caetano, F. H.
- Fish physiology and biochemistry 2017 v.43 no.4 pp. 1033-1041
- Astyanax altiparanae, etc ; biodegradability; chemoreceptors; detergents; fish; food consumption; gills; mucus; palps; pavements; pollutants; receptors; sewage; surface water; toxic substances; Brazil; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Most water bodies in Brazil, and in the world, are contaminated by some types of pollutants, ranging from sewage to metal/chemicals, carcinogenic products, and biodegradable detergents. Despite the extensive knowledge on their effects on fish biology and especially on gill morphology, research that concerns their impacts on gill rakers and implications in parameters such as food consumption cannot ...
- Kida, Bianca Mayumi Silva; Abdalla, Raisa Pereira; Moreira, Renata Guimarães
- Fish physiology and biochemistry 2016 v.42 no.5 pp. 1347-1356
- Astyanax altiparanae, etc ; acute exposure; aluminum; cortisol; estradiol; fish; males; manganese; pH; sexual maturity; spermiogenesis; steroidogenesis; testes; testosterone; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Metals can influence the gonadal steroidogenesis and endocrine systems of fish, thereby affecting their reproduction. The effects of aluminum and manganese in acidic water were investigated on steroidogenesis in sexually mature male Astyanax altiparanae. Whether mature male fish recover from the effects of metals in metal-free water was also assessed. The fish were exposed to 0.5 mg L⁻¹ of isolate ...