Jump to Main Content
- Policar, Tomas, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Fish physiology and biochemistry 2018 v.44 no.6 pp. 1591-1597
- Esox lucius; breeding season; males; sexual maturity; spawning; sperm motility; sperm quality
- ... Sexually mature males (BW = 1600 ± 150 g and TL = 235 ± 30 mm) of northern pike (Esox lucius L.) were randomly selected from a pond to record changes in their sperm quality parameters (spermatozoa morphology, sperm volume, density, and motility parameters) during the spawning season. The morphological and motility parameters changed significantly during the reproductive season with following trend ...
- Policar, Tomáš, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Fish physiology and biochemistry 2009 v.35 no.4 pp. 683-693
- Barbus; Chironomus plumosus; crude protein; diet; fatty acid composition; polyunsaturated fatty acids; seminal plasma; spawning; sperm motility; spermatogenesis; spermatozoa
- ... Sperm quality of Barbus barbus L. was compared among the three following dietary regimes: Group A, fed 100% commercial diet (Karpico™ containing 33% crude protein and 6% fat), Group B, fed 78% commercial diet and 22% frozen chironomid (Chironomus plumosus) larvae, and Group C, fed 56% commercial diet and 44% frozen chironomid larvae. Concentrations of polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs) in Group A ...