Jump to Main Content
- Zachary B. Klein; Michael C. Quist; Leandro E. Miranda; Michelle M. Marron; Michael J. Steuck; Kirk A. Hansen
- Fisheries 2018 v.43 no.12 pp. 563-574
- fish; fish communities; freshwater; Mississippi River
- ... Commercial harvest is often considered as a primary cause of fish population declines in marine and inland systems throughout the world. However, much of the data supporting the negative attributes of commercial harvest are derived from marine fisheries and may not be directly applicable to inland fisheries. In this study, over 60 years of commercial fishery data from the Upper Mississippi River ( ...
- Stephen Swales
- Fisheries 2018 v.43 no.12 pp. 556-562
- agricultural development; carp; environmental management; forests; humans; introduced species; land use; resource management; rivers; scientists; trout; Australasian region; Australia; Europe; New Zealand; Papua New Guinea
- ... In this article, I provide a brief description of my experience working in the field of fisheries in various countries around the world from Europe to Australasia. The fish and fisheries of New Zealand, Australia, and Papua New Guinea are discussed and the various factors affecting them are summarized and compared. Although environmental conditions and fish faunas vary considerably among these cou ...