Jump to Main Content
- Bonar, Scott A.; Mercado-Silva, Norman; Rahr, Matt; Torrey, Yuta T.; Cate, Averill
- Fisheries 2015 v.40 no.12 pp. 580-589
- Internet; biologists; computer software; data collection; ecoregions; fisheries; freshwater fish; gears; scientists; surface water; universities; Canada; Mexico; United States
- ... The American Fisheries Society (AFS) recently published Standard Methods for Sampling North American Freshwater Fishes. Enlisting the expertise of 284 scientists from 107 organizations throughout Canada, Mexico, and the United States, this text was developed to facilitate comparisons of fish data across regions or time. Here we describe a user-friendly web tool that automates among-sample comparis ...
- Hartman, Kyle J.; Margraf, F. Joseph; Hafs, Andrew W.; Cox, M. Keith
- Fisheries 2015 v.40 no.12 pp. 590-600
- bioelectrical impedance; body composition; energy content; fish; fish kills; human health; models; nutrition
- ... Bioelectrical impedance analysis (BIA) is commonly used in human health and nutrition fields but has only recently been considered as a potential tool for assessing fish condition. Once BIA is calibrated, it estimates fat/moisture levels and energy content without the need to kill fish. Despite the promise held by BIA, published studies have been divided on whether BIA can provide accurate estimat ...