Jump to Main Content
- Lucente, Joseph E.; Gabriel, Tory; Davis, Gregory; Wellington, Colleen; Lichtkoppler, Frank
- Fisheries 2012 v.37 no.12 pp. 532-541
- boats; fish industry; game fish; income; invasive species; issues and policy; natural resources; operating costs; sport fishing; surveys; Lake Erie; Ohio
- ... Charter fishing provides important angler access to Lake Erie sport fishing. It is economically important to local harbor communities, with 79% of charter anglers coming from over 50 miles away. To update information from our 2006 survey, we conducted a mail survey of 500 randomly selected Ohio charter boat captains in early 2010 and received usable information from 239 captains. In 2010 the Ohio ...
- Isaak, Daniel J.; Muhlfeld, Clint C.; Todd, Andrew S.; Al-chokhachy, Robert; Roberts, James; Kershner, Jeffrey L.; Fausch, Kurt D.; Hostetler, Steven W.
- Fisheries 2012 v.37 no.12 pp. 542-556
- case studies; climate; eggs; global warming; hydrograph; models; monitoring; refuge habitats; risk; streams; summer; temperature; trout; uncertainty; wildfires; Rocky Mountain region
- ... Bioclimatic models predict large reductions in native trout across the Rocky Mountains in the 21st century but lack details about how changes will occur. Through five case histories across the region, we explore how a changing climate has been affecting streams and the potential consequences for trout. Monitoring records show trends in temperature and hydrographs consistent with a warming climate ...