Jump to Main Content
- Maravelias, C. D.; Pantazi, M.; Maynou, F.
- Fisheries management and ecology 2014 v.21 no.3 pp. 186-195
- Merluccius merluccius; Mullus barbatus; Mullus surmuletus; aquacultural and fisheries equipment; bioeconomic models; fisheries; fisheries management; issues and policy; mortality; simulation models
- ... An age‐structured, population biology submodel and an economic submodel with vessel‐specific dynamics were applied to a demersal fishery in the North Aegean (NE Mediterranean) that consists of three main stocks: European hake Merluccius merluccius (L.), red mullet Mullus barbatus L. and striped red mullet Mullus surmuletus L. The Mefisto model is a bioeconomic simulation model through which the bi ...
- Cetra, M.; Petrere, M.
- Fisheries management and ecology 2014 v.21 no.3 pp. 244-249
- Coryphaena hippurus; Lutjanus; Ocyurus chrysurus; Scomberomorus; Seriola dumerili; air temperature; autumn; climate change; fish; fisheries; fisheries management; rain; resource management; summer; winter; Brazil
- ... Fish stock assessment is a crucial tool for resource management. Small‐scale fisheries are often multispecies and multigear. This study focuses on the search for patterns in the Ilhéus small‐scale fishery using landing data from 2000 to 2006 and climatic data. Ocyurus chrysurus and Ephinephelus spp. were the most commonly landed fish. The number of fishing trips was higher in the winter, when wind ...