Jump to Main Content
- Abecasis, D.; Afonso, P.; Erzini, K.
- Fisheries management and ecology 2014 v.21 no.3 pp. 175-185
- Solea senegalensis; acoustics; adults; biomass; habitats; sole; telemetry
- ... The benefits of protection of a small (4.3 km²) marine protected area (MPA) for Senegalese sole, Solea senegalensis, were investigated through experimental fishing trials and long‐term (up to 293 days) passive acoustic telemetry. A total of 106 trammel net sets were carried out between 2007 and 2011. Significant differences in abundance and biomass of sole between bottom types/depths (sandy bottom ...
- Coulter, D. P.; Sepúlveda, M. S.; Troy, C. D.; Höök, T. O.
- Fisheries management and ecology 2014 v.21 no.3 pp. 196-210
- Dreissena polymorpha; Micropterus dolomieu; Sander vitreus; adverse effects; crayfish; energy; global warming; habitats; power plants; summer; surface water; temporal variation; water temperature; winter; Ohio River; United States
- ... Water temperature strongly affects aquatic ectotherms, as even slight temperature changes can have dramatic effects on physiological rates. Water bodies receiving industrial thermal discharges can undergo dramatic spatial and temporal changes in water temperature. To quantify effects on aquatic ectotherms, thermal habitat quality (bioenergetic growth rate potential; GRP) for zebra mussel, Dreissen ...