Jump to Main Content
- Wirgin, Isaac; Roy, Nirmal K.; Maceda, Lorraine; Mattson, Mark T.
- Fisheries research 2018 v.207 pp. 165-170
- Acipenser oxyrinchus, etc ; Endangered Species Act of 1973; adults; anthropogenic activities; coastal water; estuaries; hosts; loci; microsatellite repeats; migratory behavior; mitochondrial DNA; models; probability; rivers; sequence analysis; Chesapeake Bay; Delaware River; Gulf of Maine; Hudson River; New York; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... Atlantic Sturgeon Acipenser oxyrinchus oxyrinchus is listed under the U.S. Endangered Species Act as five Distinct Population Segments (DPS). Subadult Atlantic Sturgeon are highly migratory in coastal waters and often move to non-natal estuaries where they encounter a variety of anthropogenic disturbances that may compromise their survival. The Hudson River estuary hosts large numbers of subadult ...
- Wilber, Dara H.; Peterson, Mark S.; Slack, William T.
- Fisheries research 2019 v.211 pp. 121-130
- Acipenser oxyrinchus, etc ; Amphipoda; Gastropoda; coasts; data collection; foraging; habitats; sand; sand fraction; sturgeon; telemetry; Alabama; Florida; Gulf of Mexico; Louisiana; Mississippi; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Gulf Sturgeon, Acipenser oxyrinchus desotoi, is listed as threatened, with critical habitat designated throughout the northern Gulf of Mexico (GOM) to protect, in part, areas where feeding occurs. Because not all critical habitat appears to provide equivalent foraging value, reliably identifying areas of relatively high vs. low prey density coupled with appropriate sediment composition may provide ...