Jump to Main Content
- Hashida, Daisuke; Matsumoto, Naoki; Tomiyama, Takeshi
- Fisheries science 2019 v.85 no.2 pp. 303-315
- Trachurus japonicus; adults; fish; hatching; phytoplankton; seasonal variation; spawning; temperature; vitellogenesis; winter; East China Sea; Japan
- ... To determine the annual reproductive cycle and the formation of spawning grounds in the Japanese jack mackerel Trachurus japonicus in the Uwa Sea, Japan in relation to sea temperature, seasonal changes in the ovary histomorphology and the catch per unit effort (CPUE) of adult fish were analyzed. Japanese jack mackerel in this region initiated vitellogenesis in winter and spawned between late April ...
- Takakuwa, Fumiaki; Masumoto, Toshiro; Fukada, Haruhisa
- Fisheries science 2019 v.85 no.2 pp. 387-395
- Seriola dumerili; Trachurus japonicus; adenosine diphosphate; adenosine monophosphate; adenosine triphosphate; amino acids; aquaculture; bioassays; casein; feed intake; inosine; inosine monophosphate; mackerel; muscle tissues; muscles; nutrient requirements; phagostimulants
- ... Greater amberjack is a popular aquaculture species, but its nutritional requirements remain poorly understood. The present study aimed to identify feeding stimulants for greater amberjack from a synthetic extract (SE) of jack mackerel muscle. A bioassay involving a semi-purified casein diet supplemented with feeding stimulant candidates was performed. The SE was composed of amino acids, nucleotide ...