Jump to Main Content
- Hori, Tomoya; Noda, Takuji; Wada, Toshihiro; Iwasaki, Takashi; Arai, Nobuaki; Mitamura, Hiromichi
- Fisheries science 2019 v.85 no.2 pp. 295-302
- Conger conger; Conger myriaster; accelerometers; acoustics; fisheries; swimming; video cameras; water temperature
- ... The effect of water temperature on white-spotted conger activity was examined using acoustic accelerometer transmitters to understand thermal effects on the behavior of a target fishery species. We recorded swimming activities of 21 congers using video cameras and compared the body undulation frequency with acceleration values measured using accelerometer transmitters in the body cavity. We found ...
- Okuyama, Junichi; Shishidou, Hirotoshi; Hayashibara, Takeshi
- Fisheries science 2019 v.85 no.2 pp. 361-368
- Etelis; Lutjanus; acoustics; habitats; islands; philopatry; snapper; Japan
- ... Little is known about the behavior and migration of deep-sea snappers, as observation of their deep-sea habitats is difficult. Manual acoustic tracking of deepwater longtail red snappers Etelis coruscans was conducted at the Ojika Se Bank, in the waters around the Satsunan Islands, Japan, to investigate their post-release horizontal and vertical behavior. Eight individuals were tagged with transmi ...