Jump to Main Content
- Roubalová, Lenka; Dinkova-Kostova, Albena T.; Biedermann, David; Křen, Vladimír; Ulrichová, Jitka; Vrba, Jiří
- Fitoterapia 2017 v.119 pp. 115-120
- NAD (coenzyme); Silybum marianum; antioxidant activity; gene expression; genes; glutamate-cysteine ligase; heme oxygenase (biliverdin-producing); hepatoma; humans; lignans; liver; luciferase; medicinal plants; messenger RNA; mice; transcription (genetics)
- ... Silybum marianum (milk thistle) is a medicinal plant used for the treatment of various liver disorders. This study examined whether the main flavonolignans from S. marianum (i.e. silybin, silychristin, silydianin) and their 2,3-dehydro derivatives (i.e. 2,3-dehydrosilybin, 2,3-dehydrosilychristin, 2,3-dehydrosilydianin) activate the Nrf2 pathway, which regulates the expression of genes encoding ma ...
- PubMed Central:
- Qin, Ning-bo; Jia, Cui-cui; Xu, Jun; Li, Da-hong; Xu, Fan-xing; Bai, Jiao; Li, Zhan-lin; Hua, Hui-ming
- Fitoterapia 2017 v.119 pp. 83-89
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; Silybum marianum; alpha-glucosidase; amides; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; flavonoids; glycemic effect; hypoglycemic agents; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; seed extracts; seeds
- ... Two new amide compounds, mariamides A and B (1–2), were obtained together with fourteen known compounds from the seeds of milk thistle (Silybum marianum). Their structures were established on the basis of extensive 1D and 2D NMR analyses, as well as HR-ESI-MS data. Most of the compounds showed significant antioxidant activities than positive control in ABTS and FRAP assays. However, only amide com ...