Jump to Main Content
- AbouZid, Sameh F.; Ahmed, Hayam S.; Moawad, Abeer S.; Owis, Asmaa I.; Chen, Shao-Nong; Nachtergael, Amandine; McAlpine, James B.; Brent Friesen, J.; Pauli, Guido F.
- Fitoterapia 2017 v.119 pp. 175-184
- Silybum marianum; biosynthesis; chemoprevention; chemotaxonomy; correlation; fruits; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; principal component analysis; secondary metabolites; silymarin; Egypt
- ... Flavonolignans constitute an important class of plant secondary metabolites formed by oxidative coupling of one flavonoid and one phenylpropanoid moiety. The standardized flavonolignan-rich extract prepared from the fruits of Silybum marianum is known as silymarin and has long been used medicinally, prominently as an antihepatotoxic and as a chemopreventive agent. Principal component analysis of t ...
- PubMed Central:
- Qin, Ning-bo; Jia, Cui-cui; Xu, Jun; Li, Da-hong; Xu, Fan-xing; Bai, Jiao; Li, Zhan-lin; Hua, Hui-ming
- Fitoterapia 2017 v.119 pp. 83-89
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; Silybum marianum; alpha-glucosidase; amides; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; flavonoids; glycemic effect; hypoglycemic agents; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; seed extracts; seeds
- ... Two new amide compounds, mariamides A and B (1–2), were obtained together with fourteen known compounds from the seeds of milk thistle (Silybum marianum). Their structures were established on the basis of extensive 1D and 2D NMR analyses, as well as HR-ESI-MS data. Most of the compounds showed significant antioxidant activities than positive control in ABTS and FRAP assays. However, only amide com ...