Jump to Main Content
- Ochieng, Charles O.; Opiyo, Sylvia A.; Mureka, Edward W.; Ishola, Ismail O.
- Fitoterapia 2017 v.119 pp. 168-174
- Gymnosporia; aerial parts; alkaloids; alternative medicine; anti-inflammatory activity; chromatography; inhibitory concentration 50; medicinal plants; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; prostaglandin synthase; sesquiterpenoids; solvents; triterpenoids
- ... Gymnosporia heterophylla (Celastraceae) is an African medicinal plants used to treat painful and inflammatory diseases with partial scientific validation. Solvent extractions followed by repeated chromatographic purification of the G. heterophylla aerial parts led to the isolation of one new β-dihydroagarofuran sesquiterpene alkaloid (1), and two triterpenes (2–3). In addition, eight known compoun ...
- Luo, Yong; Cheng, Li-Zhi; Luo, Qi; Yan, Yong-Ming; Wang, Shu-Mei; Sun, Qin; Cheng, Yong-Xian
- Fitoterapia 2017 v.119 pp. 69-74
- Orthosiphon aristatus; X-ray diffraction; aerial parts; anticarcinogenic activity; cell proliferation; chemical structure; fibroblasts; humans; kidneys; neoplasm cells; neoplasms; rats; spectroscopy; transforming growth factor beta 1; triterpenoids
- ... Five new ursane-type triterpenoids, spicatusoids A–E (1, 3–6), and three known ones (2, 7, and 8), and a known oleanane-type triterpenoid (9) were isolated from the aerial parts of Clerodendranthus spicatus. Their structures were elucidated by spectroscopic methods. In particular, the structure of 3 including its absolute configuration was confirmed by single-crystal X-ray diffraction analysis. Ce ...