Jump to Main Content
- Zehetner, Petra; Höferl, Martina; Buchbauer, Gerhard
- Flavour and fragrance journal 2019 v.34 no.4 pp. 223-240
- adverse effects; breathing; cytochrome P-450; drugs; enzymes; essential oils; flavor; humans; metabolism; odors
- ... Phase‐I metabolism mediated by cytochrome P450 (CYP) enzymes represents a major route of elimination of many drugs that can compete for the same CYP enzyme. The bioactivity of essential oils (EOs) and their flavour and fragrance constituents have been known since ancient times, and like any other physiological process in the human body the activity of CYP enzymes can also be influenced (increased ...
- Bhavsar, Kalpesh V.; Yadav, Ganapati D.
- Flavour and fragrance journal 2019 v.34 no.4 pp. 288-293
- Pseudozyma antarctica; biocatalysis; biocatalysts; ethyl acetate; flavor; geraniol; immobilized enzymes; industry; odors; perfumes; solvents; synthesis; transesterification; triacylglycerol lipase
- ... Increasing environmental awareness has forced researchers to minimize the use of organic solvents in chemical synthesis. Modern biocatalysis is a way to develop clean catalytic technologies. A process operating in solvent‐free condition using reusable biocatalyst, will be useful for the fragrance and flavour industry, which requires stringent specifications on impurities. A direct transesterificat ...