Jump to Main Content
- Corrêa, Marcos Melo; de Araújo, Maria Gracimar Pacheco; de Mendonça, Maria Silvia
- Flora 2019
- Astrocaryum; coleoptiles; fruits; germination; haustoria; leaf blade; leaf primordia; lowland forests; mesophyll; organogenesis; petioles; root systems; seedling emergence; seedlings; seeds; sowing; vermiculite; Brazil
- ... Astrocaryum acaule Mart. is a palm with underground stem, common in lowland forests, known in Brazil as tucumã-í. The objective of this work was to perform the description and characterization of seeds and of the seedling emergence process, revealing morphological and anatomical patterns of A. acaule. Seedlings were obtained by sowing in vermiculite. The seed is spherical, with variations in shape ...
- Singh, Sarvesh Kumar; Shukla, Santosh Kumar; Dubey, Nawal Kishore; Shukla, Pradeep Kumar; Lansdown, Richard V.
- Flora 2019
- Selaginella plana; habitats; leaves; India
- ... The article presents the results of a study of the ligule morphology of both vegetative and reproductive leaves of four species of Selaginella, i.e. S. delicatula, S. ganguliana, S. plana and S. tenera, occurring in India. Ligules of S. ganguliana, S. plana and S. tenera are described for the first time, and the occurrence of shuttlecock-like ligules is described for the first time. Ligule shape i ...