Jump to Main Content
- Bailes, Emily J.; Glover, Beverley J.
- Flora 2018 v.244-245 pp. 29-36
- Vicia faba; bees; breeding programs; cell biology; corolla; gene expression regulation; genes; genetic drift; genotype; interspecific variation; intraspecific variation; phenotype; pollinators
- ... At a microscopic scale, the shape and fine cell relief of the petal epidermal cells of a flower play a key role in its interaction with pollinators. In particular, conical shaped petal epidermal cells have been shown to have an important function in providing grip on the surface of bee-pollinated flowers and can influence bee visitation rates. Previous studies have explored interspecific variation ...
- Maricle, Brian R.; Maricle, Keri L.
- Flora 2018 v.244-245 pp. 1-7
- Bolboschoenus maritimus; C4 plants; Distichlis spicata; Spartina pectinata; grasses; interspecific variation; photosynthesis; salt marsh plants; salt marshes; salt tolerance; stomata; stomatal conductance; stomatal movement; water potential; Kansas
- ... Interspecific variation of photosynthesis and water potential in inland salt marsh species has been largely unexplored. In this study, photosynthesis and water potential were measured in individuals of Spartina pectinata Link, Distichlis spicata (L.) Greene, and Bolboschoenus maritimus (L.) Palla in an inland salt marsh, possibly the first field measures of photosynthesis in inland salt marsh plan ...