Jump to Main Content
- de Castro Jorge, Nina; de Alvarenga, Danielle Ramos; Cavalleri, Adriano; dos Santos Isaias, Rosy Mary
- Flora 2018 v.244-245 pp. 24-28
- Myrcia, etc ; Thysanoptera; direct contact; flora; galls; host plants; hypersensitive response; insects; leaves; light microscopy; mesophyll; morphs; mouthparts; rolling; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Galls are important components of the Neotropical flora. They can display a wide variety of shapes, the morphotypes, which may be of ecological and taxonomic importance. Members of Myrtaceae may host several taxa of galling insects that may provoke a wide variety of responses to the different galling stimuli. The effects of galls induced by thrips on leaves of different host plants are variable, a ...
- Brandão, Murilo Malveira; Vieira, Fábio de Almeida; Nazareno, Alison Gonçalves; Carvalho, Dulcinéia de
- Flora 2015 v.216 pp. 35-41
- Myrcia, etc ; animals; ecosystems; gene flow; genetic variation; habitat fragmentation; in situ conservation; landscapes; microsatellite repeats; rain forests; species diversity; trees; tropics; Brazil; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... The presence of vegetation corridors in fragmented landscapes has high ecological importance to the gene flow of animals and plants. The landscape in the south of Minas Gerais State, Brazil is characterized by fragmented and disturbed ecosystems. However, there is some secondary vegetation corridors connected with remaining fragments of primary forest. In order to obtain information regarding of t ...