Jump to Main Content
- Trilisenko, Ludmila; Tomashevsky, Alexander; Kulakovskaya, Tatiana; Kulaev, Igor
- Folia microbiologica 2013 v.58 no.6 pp. 437-441
- H-transporting ATP synthase; Saccharomyces cerevisiae; adenosinetriphosphatase; biosynthesis; energy; ethanol; genes; glucose; mutants; mutation; polyphosphates; starvation; yeasts
- ... The yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae accumulates the high levels of inorganic polyphosphates (polyPs) performing in the cells numerous functions, including phosphate and energy storage. The effects of vacuolar membrane ATPase (V-ATPase) dysfunction were studied on polyP accumulation under short-term cultivation in the Pᵢ–excess media after Pᵢ starvation. The addition of bafilomycin A1, a specific in ...
- Ottoni, Cristiane A.; Santos, Cledir; Kozakiewicz, Zofia; Lima, Nelson
- Folia microbiologica 2013 v.58 no.3 pp. 187-193
- Coriolus versicolor; Phanerochaete chrysosporium; culture media; decolorization; enzyme activity; fabrics; pH; reactive dyes; white-rot fungi
- ... Twelve white-rot fungal strains belonging to seven different species were screened on plates under alkaline condition to study the decolourisation of the textile dyes Reactive Black 5 and Poly R-478. Three strains of Trametes versicolor (Micoteca da Universidade do Minho (MUM) 94.04, 04.100 and 04.101) and one strain of Phanerochaete chrysosporium (MUM 94.15) showed better decolourisation results. ...