Jump to Main Content
- Wang, Jinhui, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Food & function 2019 v.10 no.3 pp. 1736-1746
- AMP-activated protein kinase; Acaudina molpadioides; Bacteroidetes; Bifidobacterium; Escherichia coli; Lachnospiraceae; Lactobacillus; Toll-like receptor 4; animal disease models; bacteria; blood serum; chondroitin sulfate; gene expression; inflammation; interleukin-10; intestinal microorganisms; intestines; lipopolysaccharides; messenger RNA; mice; obesity; prebiotics; risk factors; short chain fatty acids
- ... This study evaluated the possible prebiotic effects of dietary fucosylated chondroitin sulfate from Acaudina molpadioides (Am-CHS) on the modulation of the gut microbiota and the improvement in the risk factors for chronic inflammation in high fat diet-fed mice. The results showed that the Am-CHS treatment greatly modified the gut microbiota, including the decrease in Bacteroidetes, increase in Fi ...
- Zhao, Jinhui, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Food & function 2019 v.10 no.3 pp. 1552-1562
- barley; blood serum; citrates; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; glucose; insulin; malates; malonic acid; metabolome; metabolomics; pyruvic acid; rice; tricarboxylic acid cycle
- ... The aim of our work was to use a targeted GC-MS approach to investigate the difference in organic acid profiles between individuals with impaired fasting glucose (IFG) and healthy controls and then to investigate the alterations in postprandial organic acid profiles after a meal of highland barley (HB) in IFG individuals. Firstly, 30 IFG and 30 healthy individuals were recruited and 26 organic aci ...