Jump to Main Content
- Cheng, Bin-Feng; Gao, Yao-Xin; Lian, Jun-Jiang; Guo, Dan-Dan; Wang, Lei; Wang, Mian; Yang, Hai-Jie; Feng, Zhi-Wei
- Food & function 2016 v.7 no.11 pp. 4516-4522
- Carthamus tinctorius; IKappaB kinase; active ingredients; anti-inflammatory activity; human cell lines; interleukin-1beta; interleukin-6; interleukin-8; metalloproteinases; mitogen-activated protein kinase; osteoarthritis; phosphorylation; signal transduction; therapeutics; transcription factor NF-kappa B
- ... Hydroxysafflor yellow A (HSYA), the main active ingredient in medical and edible dual purpose plant safflower, is reported to have multiple bioactivities. In the present study, the anti-inflammatory effects of HSYA and the underlying mechanisms were investigated in interleukin (IL)-1β-induced SW982 human synovial cells. The cells were pretreated with HSYA at various concentrations (2.5, 10 and 40 ...
- ShiThese authors contributed equally to this work., Limin; Lin, Qinlu; Yang, Tao; Nie, Ying; Li, Xinhua; Liu, Bo; Shen, Junjun; Liang, Ying; Tang, Yiping; Luo, Feijun
- Food & function 2016 v.7 no.11 pp. 4614-4627
- Lentinula edodes; anti-inflammatory activity; beta-glucans; body weight; colitis; dextran sulfate; histopathology; inducible nitric oxide synthase; inflammation; interleukin-1beta; interleukin-6; males; malondialdehyde; mice; mitogen-activated protein kinase; models; myeloperoxidase; nitric oxide; oral administration; phosphorylation; tissues; tumor necrosis factor-alpha
- ... To evaluate the anti-inflammatory effect of β-glucans from Lentinus edodes, and its molecular mechanism, the dextran sulfate sodium salt (DSS) induced colitis model of mice and the LPS-stimulated RAW264.7 cell inflammation model were used in this study. 40 ICR male mice were randomly divided into 4 groups: Control, DSS (DSS treated only), DSS + low-βGs (500 mg kg⁻¹ d⁻¹) and DSS + high-βGs (1000 mg ...