Jump to Main Content
- TengAuthors contributed equally to the work., Hui; Huang, Qun; Chen, Lei
- Food & function 2016 v.7 no.11 pp. 4605-4613
- B-lymphocytes; apoptosis; caspase-3; cell proliferation; dose response; enzyme inhibitors; flow cytometry; humans; mitogen-activated protein kinase; signal transduction; stomach neoplasms
- ... Data from the present study showed that agrimonolide exhibited a high anti-proliferation effect against human gastric cancer AGS cells. Flow cytometric analysis revealed that the number of total apoptotic cells increased after the treatment with the agrimonolide in a dose-dependent manner. In addition, it was found that agrimonolide-induced cell apoptosis was associated with the increase in the (B ...
- Zheng, Yaojie; You, Fuling; Li, Qiao; Chen, Jingrong; Yang, Hong
- Food & function 2016 v.7 no.11 pp. 4702-4708
- Alzheimer disease; apoptosis; caspase-3; caspase-8; gene expression; gene expression regulation; genistein; messenger RNA; mitogen-activated protein kinase; neuroprotective effect; protein content; signal transduction
- ... The β-amyloid protein (Aβ) is considered to be the key factor for inducing Alzheimer's disease (AD). In recent years, the neuroprotective effects of genistein have drawn increasing attention. However, the molecular mechanisms of GEN (genistein) against Aβ are unclear. In the present study, we investigated the inhibitory effects of GEN on Aβ25–35-induced apoptosis in cultured PC12 cells and the rel ...