Jump to Main Content
- Tsai, Tsung-Hsien; Huang, Wen-Cheng; Lien, Tsung-Jung; Huang, Yu-Han; Chang, Hsiang; Yu, Chun-Hsien; Tsai, Po-Jung
- Food and agricultural immunology 2017 v.28 no.5 pp. 916-931
- Propionibacterium acnes; Syzygium aromaticum; acne; cloves; ears; edema; eugenol; gelatinase B; histology; immune response; inflammation; interleukin-8; mice; models; tumor necrosis factor-alpha
- ... Acne vulgaris is a multifactorial inflammatory disease involving an activation of the immune response to Propionibacterium acnes. The aim of this study is to determine the effects of clove (Syzygium aromaticum L.) extract and eugenol against P. acnes -induced inflammatory responses. The results showed that treatments of ethanolic clove extract (ECE) or eugenol at noncytotoxic concentrations signif ...
- Silvan, Jose Manuel; Mingo, Elisa; Martinez-Rodriguez, Adolfo J.
- Food and agricultural immunology 2017 v.28 no.5 pp. 739-753
- Campylobacter; campylobacteriosis; disease prevention; disease severity; dose response; epithelial cells; grape seed extract; human cell lines; inflammation; interleukin-6; interleukin-8; intestinal mucosa; patients; secretion
- ... The main aim of this study was to investigate the effect of Grape seed extract (GSE) on Campylobacter induced-cytokine production by human intestinal cell lines. With this purpose, Caco-2 and HT-29 cells were challenged with culture supernatants from several strains of C. jejuni and levels of secreted IL-6, IL-8, and MCP-1 were measured. Cytokine production was higher in HT-29 than in Caco-2 cells ...