Jump to Main Content
- Oršolić, Nada; Jazvinšćak Jembrek, Maja; Terzić, Svjetlana
- Food and agricultural immunology 2017 v.28 no.5 pp. 812-833
- Bifidobacterium; DNA damage; Lactobacillus; beta-glucuronidase; blood; colon; comet assay; functional foods; honey; inflammation; intestinal microorganisms; kidney cells; kidneys; liver; macrophages; mice; ochratoxin A; probiotics; quercetin; toxicity
- ... This study was conducted to evaluate the interactions between the gut microbiota, ochratoxin A and functional food such as honey and quercetin, and the consequences of these interactions on ochratoxin-induced DNA damage in blood, liver and kidney cells. Honey (2 g kg ⁻¹) or Quercetin (50 mg kg ⁻¹) was applied to mice by intragastric application every day for 15 days, immediately before ochratoxin ...
- Lazarte, Jassy Mary S.; Kim, Young Rim; Lee, Jung Seok; Im, Se Pyeong; Kim, Si Won; Jung, Jae Wook; Kim, Jaesung; Lee, Jeong-Ho; Jung, Tae Sung
- Food and agricultural immunology 2017 v.28 no.5 pp. 876-887
- Paralichthys olivaceus; adjuvants; flounder; genes; immune response; immunostimulants; interferon regulatory factor-3; interferons; interleukin-1beta; kidneys; plasmids; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; survival rate
- ... The cellular DEAD-box helicase DDX41, which functions as an initial sensor for cytoplasmic DNA, is involved in the activation of type I interferon (IFN-1) immune response in olive flounder. A plasmid encoding DDX41 (pEF-D) was introduced into flounder cells in vitro and in vivo . Immune responses induced by DDX41 were evaluated by relative quantification value (ΔΔCt) method of RT-qPCR using specif ...