Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: crops?
- Brandon, David L.; Hernlem, Bradley J.
- Food and agricultural immunology 2009 v.20 no.1 pp. 11
- cross reaction, etc ; Ricinus communis; agglutinins; enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay; food matrix; hybridomas; immunoglobulin G; immunoglobulin M; industrial byproducts; lubricants; monoclonal antibodies; plant extracts; poisoning; ricin; seeds; skim milk; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Ricin is a highly toxic, dichain ribosome-inactivating protein present in the seeds of Ricinus communis (castor), grown principally as a source of high quality industrial lubricant and as an ornamental. Because of its presence in industrial byproducts and its documented use for intentional poisoning, there is a need for analytical methodology to quantify ricin in both castor extracts and food matr ...
- Maragos, C.M.; McCormick, S.P.
- Food and agricultural immunology 2000 v.12 no.3 pp. 181
- cross reaction, etc ; monoclonal antibodies; deoxynivalenol; trichothecenes; wheat; food contamination; enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay; Show all 7 Subjects
- ... The mycotoxin deoxynivalenol (DON) is produced by the mold Fusarium graminearum and is found worldwide on cereal grains, in particular wheat and maize. Each year this compound, also known as 'vomitoxin' causes substantial losses to agricultural productivity. Three monoclonal antibodies were developed following the immunization of mice with a conjugate of DON and ovalbumin. One of these antibodies, ...