Jump to Main Content
- Xu, Enbo; Wu, Zhengzong; Li, Jingpeng; Pan, Xiaowei; Sun, Yan; Long, Jie; Xu, Xueming; Jin, Zhengyu; Jiao, Aiquan
- Food and bioprocess technology 2017 v.10 no.6 pp. 1015-1030
- rice flour, etc ; alpha-amylase; enzyme activity; extrusion; gelatinization; ingredients; mixing; models; nutrients; rice; starch; temperature; thermal stability; viscosity; water content; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... The effect of enzyme concentration, feed rate, screw speed, moisture content, and barrel temperature on residence time distributions (RTDs) of rice flour in a co-rotating twin-screw extruder had been broadly investigated. Feed rate and screw speed as the most important operating variables affecting the mean residence time (MRT) were further emphasized by using a second-order central composite desi ...
- Pérez-Quirce, Sandra; Ronda, Felicidad; Lazaridou, Athina; Biliaderis, Costas G.
- Food and bioprocess technology 2017 v.10 no.8 pp. 1412-1421
- rice flour, etc ; beta-glucanase; beta-glucans; bioactive properties; breadmaking; dough; fermentation; fortified foods; gluten-free bread; heat; loaves; microwave radiation; microwave treatment; mixing; molecular weight; nutrient content; nutritive value; oats; sensory properties; water content; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... Cereal β-glucan concentrates can be used in gluten-free breads to improve dough handling properties and quality of final products as well as to enhance their nutritional value; however, the presence of endogenous β-glucanases in rice flour, in combination with prolonged mixing, fermentation, and proofing time, can cause a substantial reduction in β-glucan molecular weight, affecting detrimentally ...