Jump to Main Content
- Lee, Kyung-Min; Herrman, Timothy J.
- Food and bioprocess technology 2016 v.9 no.4 pp. 588-603
- Raman spectroscopy; chemometrics; corn; correlation; data collection; fumonisins; linear models; physicochemical properties; prediction; regression analysis; screening; spectral analysis
- ... The potential and limitation of surface-enhanced Raman spectroscopy (SERS) method was investigated to develop an accelerated spectroscopic method as an alternative analytical technique to commonly used wet chemical methods for fumonisin analysis in maize. SERS spectral difference among groups of ground maize samples with different concentrations of fumonisins more clearly reflected the level of fu ...
- Gumpu, Manju Bhargavi; Nesakumar, Noel; Sethuraman, Swaminathan; Krishnan, Uma Maheswari; Rayappan, John Bosco Balaguru
- Food and bioprocess technology 2016 v.9 no.4 pp. 717-724
- Penaeus; biosensors; diamine oxidase; diarrhea; glassy carbon electrode; humans; hypersensitivity; linear models; nanoparticles; nanospheres; nausea; prediction; putrescine; vomiting
- ... An increase of putrescine content in tiger prawn can be related to the deterioration of its quality. Increase in putrescine consumption causes nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, allergy, and flushing in humans. To address this issue, a glassy carbon electrode modified with diamine oxidase on ceria nanoparticles was fabricated for rapid determination of putrescine in tiger prawn. Based on the amperometric ...